I remember the days when everywhere you went you pretty much had interaction, which helped with meeting someone you found attractive. Unfortunately this is a distant memory for me, I don’t know what happened but it just isn’t like that anymore. Yes I worked in a more social environment before. Now I only work with my small group of female employees. I thought that was the reason, but I have heaps of single friends that want to meet a partner too. Pretty much all of them work in huge companies in the CBD with lots of opportunities of meeting people.
It’s so interesting how many women and men I know are finding it hard to meet a partner. I have spoken to friends on numerous occasions about how it’s getting more and more difficult, and we can never work out why. We have come up with a few potential reasons. Maybe it’s a combination of them all plus a few more.
Is it because?
- We tend to do dinners and bars now rather than clubs. Where the vibe is clicky as you stick with your own group and it’s not an environment to mingle.
- Are men too lazy or scared to fight for what they want? Would love some feedback on this one!
- I am a very social person who will talk to anyone, but even I find it hard now to interact with others. Are phones killing the natural human interaction. Lets face it we are distracted using our phones while on transport, at a café, gym, bar, even cant walk without being consumed by them.
- Is it the lock out rules (From my experience with Sydney. It has become quiet and boring)
- Are we expecting too much in a partner?
- Maybe as we get older we are too set in our ways?
I am sure there are many other reasons, and maybe these reasons are not valid. I really don’t know what’s going on. All I know is, I see a difference from a few years ago. I go out and not only do I struggle but I see amazing people around me in the same situation.
What scares me the most is online dating seems to be only option now. I am not knocking meeting someone through online, It should just be an extra tool, but it seems to be the only option to me now. I have tried it previously and I struggle with it.
Mmmmmm Interesting I think I need to do an online dating blog soon. L
Wait…. Hold on…. Your not going to believe what just happened to me. Somehow the universe is trying to tell me something…..
Funny enough just before I went to post this blog I was contacted by Wine and dine Sydney. Have you heard of them? …. I hadn’t till they contacted me. They are a new company owned by two English men who recently moved to Australia and were findng hard to meet people.
They help organise dinner parties to meet new people. So they have their second event on Sept 3rd 2016 (that I now will be attending). I get 3 of my girl friends and we host a 3 course meal. 1st course 4 men come over and they bring the drinks. We mingle get to know new people, then they leave for another dinner party hosted by four women and a new 4 men come over for the main. This is repeated for the dessert. When the 3 course meal is finished, all those who participated in the evening catch up again in a bar for the rest of the night.
What a brilliant idea!!! Apparently they do this kind of thing in the UK. I love it as bringing back natural human interaction.
Ill keep you posted on this event (during the evening through snap chat- Christie Giordi) After on my Blog and instagram. Maybe look them up and participate too? www.wine-dine.com.au
Wish me luck : )